COVID-19 Home Testing
Along with the other protective measures we are taking, testing will allow us to take further measures to help you and staff members to learn and work in as safe an environment as possible. Up to one in three people who have Covid-19 have the virus without symptoms so could be transmitting the virus unknowingly. Tackling the pandemic requires identifying asymptomatic, infectious individuals. By testing, we will help to reduce the spread in our academies and local communities. We are therefore strongly encouraging all students and staff to take the tests, although they are not mandatory.
Home testing for students and staff commences on 21st March 2021.
Lateral Flow Tests
Lateral flow tests will be issued to students by their form tutors. Sixth Form students can pick up their test kits in PPD. Tests should be taken at home EVERY Sunday and Wednesday. Here’s a video guide which shows how to complete a test at home.
Tests can also be ordered free from the Gov.uk website https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
If your child tests Positive:
- If your child or anyone in your household tests positive your household and any support bubbles you are part of should self-isolate immediately in line with NHS Test and Trace guidance for 10 days.
- You should order a confirmatory PCR test if you are testing at home (confirmatory PCR tests are not needed if the test was conducted at the Asymptomatic Test Site at School).
- Log the positive test result by using the NHS Test and Trace self-report website: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Log the positive test result with school using the following link https://forms.office.com/r/ctmpp4Qrke
If your child’s test is Unclear/Void:
- Log the unclear test result by using the NHS Test and Trace self-report website: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Log the unclear test result with school using the following link https://forms.office.com/r/ctmpp4Qrke
- You should then take another test.
If your child’s test is Negative:
- A negative result does not guarantee that you are not carrying the virus. So, you should continue to follow social distancing, and other measures to reduce transmission such as wearing a face mask and regularly washing your hands and observing social distancing.
- Log the negative test result by using the NHS Test and Trace self-report website: https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Log the negative test result with school using the following link https://forms.office.com/r/ctmpp4Qrke
Taking part in testing is voluntary and all children will be able to attend school whether they take part in testing or not. We strongly encouraging all children to take part. Testing at home will allow your child and other children to attend school and help to reduce the spread of the virus.
Please contact Sarah Tait (firstname.lastname@example.org), our COVID Coordinator, if you have any questions or concerns about home testing.