In this vital year of making decisions about your future, our Careers team in school and in the sixth form can be a huge help to settle any worries or concerns you may have. A quick chat with one of our specialist team can help shape your future plans and set you on the path you want to be on.
Our careers team are:
Mrs Joanne Liddell – Head of Careers
Mrs Beverley Scaife – Careers Officer
Mrs Tracy Russell – CIAG Assistant
Good careers guidance is essential for Year 11 students, to enable them to make sound and informed decisions for the future. Our dedicated, qualified and experienced staff provide a comprehensive support programme and resources for our students and their parents, at this essential time. As we understand that access to impartial careers information, direct knowledge of the different pathways and the options available are an essential element to ensure your child makes an informed choice.
Careers events and activities:
- Year 11 Options, Pathways and Choices Assembly – Students are provided with information about the different options, courses and providers and details about apprenticeships and support on offer. This presentation has been sent to tutors for tutor-time delivery and also placed on the Y11 Careers Team Platform so students can access this remotely. View Slides Here
- 1:1 Guidance meeting – Each student is offered a careers guidance meeting with our qualified and impartial careers staff to discuss their career ideas and support their plans. These are being held in the Y11 Bubble area of the school.
- Year 11 Choices event – All local colleges, training providers and apprenticeship training providers are represented in our Virtual Choices Presentation. This enables students to learn what is available after Y11. This document also serves as part of our parent evening information, so that parents can assist with their child’s careers research. This has been sent to tutors for tutor-time delivery and also placed on the Y11 Careers Teams Portal. View Slides Here
- Apprenticeship Assembly – Students get more in-depth information on apprenticeships and what they need to do to prepare. This has been sent to tutors for tutor-time delivery and also placed on the Y11 Careers Teams Portal. View Slides Here
- Apprenticeship Support and Workshops – Students who intend on making apprenticeship applications this year, have been added to the Aspiring Apprentices Teams Platform. Guidance, documents and workshops will be posted here so that they access all of the relevant support for this pathway. A parent letter will also be sent so they are aware and can offer further support for you.
There’s loads more useful information, college open evenings, websites and contact information on the Careers Page