All students and staff are attached to a house in school. This creates a healthy competition and pushes students to succeed. Points are awarded for various events throughout the year, however, the main core of the points come from:
- Attendance per half term from the house as a whole
- Students who achieve 100% Attendance per half term
- Reward points which students are awarded for exceptional work or attitude shown around school
Each house has a House Leader and the five house leaders create the House Team. They organise the events and are another level of support for our students. Keep checking back as the house points update after every event.
As well as smaller trophies for events, there are three House Trophies up for grabs each year.
- The House Point Shield awarded to the house with the most collective points across the whole year.
- The Sports Cup awarded to the house who has the most points across all sporting events throughout the year.
- The Sports Day Shield awarded to the house who collects the most points on Sports Day.
The Race for the House Point Shield
The Race for the Sports Cup
• Anne Line start the year where they left off with the winning streak continuing into the new academic year.
• John Boste are looking to improve on last year’s third place in the race for the House Point Shield with a strong start in the Quiz.
• Thomas More will be happy to see the start of the new competition, they couldn’t catch a break in the points last year despite putting the effort in. Lets hope 2020-21 will be more kind! Great start.
• Last year’s overall runner up Margaret Clitherow is off to a slow start this time around. They will be looking to bounce back in the Cross County competitions coming soon.
• John Ingram prop up the table in last position. Despite the best efforts of Year 7 & 8 finishing third in both quiz competitions, Year 9 let the house down by not entering a team. More effort needed going forward!
House Events for 2020-21
Due to the bubbles in school, House Activities will be extremely difficult, however, we are not giving up! We’ll be back with more exciting remote activities in September and we’ll list them below when they are organised.
|Year 7-9 House Quiz||9th September|
|Year 8 Cross Country||21st September|
|Year 7 Cross Country||23rd September|